Databases for scientific topics
- Registration required. Comprehensive chemical information database. Covers scientific journals, patents, conference proceedings, and technical papers. You can also search Medline using the SciFinder interface, combining detailed chemical information with medical literature.
- Substances: fully searchable chemical structures. Substance records show physical, chemical and bioactivity data – including pharmacodynamics and (eco-)toxicology data from different publications.
- Reactions: fully searchable single and multi-step reactions, many with reaction procedure texts.
- Citations: indexed from the primary organic, inorganic and organomatellic chemistry journal literature going back to 1772 and patent literature.
Web Of Knowledge/Web of Science (1973-present)
- Index to high-impact science, social science, engineering, arts and humanities research journals. Includes cited reference searching and links to BIOSIS Previews. Video tutorial (3:01)
- Find articles, conference papers, and reports in all fields of engineering. Video tutorial (3:37)
Knovel: Engineering & Scientific Online Handbooks
Search for scientific & engineering information via an extensive collection of engineering & scientific e-books. Includes interactive tables & graphs. Just to mention few popular titles:
Contains hundreds of background articles in all fields of chemical engineering and chemical industry.
Contains hundreds of articles on chemical substances, with a focus on industrial processes and unit operations in chemical engineering, as well as covering fundamentals and scientific subjects related to the field.
Find background information on polymer science.
See more e-books: http://libguides.mit.edu/ebooks.