Need to draw chemical structures? Or biological pathways?
Use these to find articles, conference papers, and other literature on your topic!
Web of Knowledge/Web of Science (1900 -present)
Index to high-impact science, social science, engineering, arts and humanities research journals. Includes cited reference searching.
A direct competitor to Web of Science. Index to science, social science, engineering, arts and humanities research journals. Includes cited reference searching.
- Comprehensive chemical information database. Covers scientific journals, patents, conference proceedings, and technical papers.
- Must register before using the first time! Go to http://libraries.mit.edu/cas-reg
- Use this URL to access the database: http://libraries.mit.edu/get/scifinder
- View SciFinder Tutorials to learn more about how to use SciFinder
Handbooks and encyclopedias
Handbooks and encyclopedias are a great way to learn about a new topic. Don't forget to check the references at the end of the chapter/section for more detailed information.
You can always find individual books in Barton - both electronic and print!
Selected chemistry handbooks & encyclopedias
- Encyclopedia of Analytical Chemistry (print)
- Encyclopedia of Biological Chemistry (print)
- Encyclopedia of Chemical Physics and Physical Chemistry
- Encyclopedia of Supramolecular Chemistry (print)
- Organic Syntheses
Need a definition to a scientific term? Try Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms