Need to draw chemical structures? Or biological pathways?
Mendeley for your citations
ACS Style Guide
Use these to find articles, conference papers, and other literature on your topic!
Web of Knowledge/Web of Science (1900 -present)
Index to high-impact science, social science, engineering, arts and humanities research journals. Includes cited reference searching.
A direct competitor to Web of Science. Index to science, social science, engineering, arts and humanities research journals. Includes cited reference searching.
- Comprehensive chemical information database. Covers scientific journals, patents, conference proceedings, and technical papers.
- Must register before using the first time! Go to http://libraries.mit.edu/cas-reg
- Use this URL to access the database: http://libraries.mit.edu/get/scifinder
- View SciFinder Tutorials to learn more about how to use SciFinder
- NCBI database for research in medicine and biosciences. Includes MEDLINE, other full-text resources, links to NCBI sequencing databases.
Handbooks and encyclopedias
Handbooks and encyclopedias are a great way to learn about a new topic. Don't forget to check the references at the end of the chapter/section for more detailed information.
You can always find individual books in Barton - both electronic and print!
Selected chemistry handbooks & encyclopedias
- Encyclopedia of Analytical Chemistry (print)
- Encyclopedia of Biological Chemistry (print)
- Encyclopedia of Chemical Physics and Physical Chemistry
- Encyclopedia of Supramolecular Chemistry (print)
- Organic Syntheses
Need a definition to a scientific term? Try Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms