- Compendex: covers all fields of engineering.
- Environmental Sciences and Pollution Management Collection (ESPM): covers articles on environmental & pollution issues
- Building Green Suite: information on green design, including information on a wide range of topics related to sustainable building
- Scopus: covers journals and conference proceedings across many disciplines, including engineering. Also see who has cited a paper.
- Web of Science: covers journals and conference proceedings across many disciplines, including engineering. Also see who has cited a paper.
Use these to find report numbers, then Ask Us! if we have them.
- Energy Citations Database - info
- ETDEWEB : Energy Technology Data Exchange World Energy Base - info
Search the MIT Libraries catalog: Barton
Search library catalogs from around the world: MIT's WorldCat
Tip: Finding a proper subject heading can be a useful way to find information. Try a subject search to find books on a topic. The following list offers several examples of subjects used in our catalog.
- Appropriate technology - Developing Countries
- Energy Development
- Renewable Energy Sources
- Solar Energy - Developing Countries
- Photovoltaic Power Generation
Electronic books, handbooks
Selected resources that you may find useful. This is NOT a comprehensive list.
- Appropriate Technology Library: A full-text collection of over one thousand publications covering projects and technical information
- Books 24x7: Full-text e-books in engineering, including topics like Sustainable Energy & Development
- World Bank e-Library
- Knovel: Engineering and Scientific Handbooks
- A full text collection of hundreds of handbooks and reference sources