DSpace@MIT is a service of the MIT Libraries to provide MIT faculty, researchers and their supporting communities stable, long-term storage for their digital research and teaching output and to maximize exposure of their content to a world audience.
DSpace@MIT content includes conference papers, images, peer-reviewed scholarly articles, preprints, technical reports, theses, working papers, research datasets and more. This collection of more than 60,000 high-quality works is recognized as among the world's premier scholarly repositories and receives, on average, more than 1 million downloads per month.
Benefits for MIT Faculty and Researchers
The MIT Libraries maintain and preserve your work in DSpace@MIT, so you can
- Avoid broken links in citing your research with persistent URLs
- Secure your data
- Get top search results in Google
- Enjoy worldwide visibility
- Quickly distribute your research
Benefits for MIT Communities
- Open access to department or center's research
- See your research cited more frequently
- Reduce website maintenance
- Easy to set up and maintain — no more broken links
- Research materials professionally managed for you by the MIT Libraries
- Export data and links to keep researcher profiles up to date
To inquire about establishing a new community or collection, or to become a contributor to an existing collection, please contact us through the Ask Us form.
For research materials in print form, please go to Barton: MIT Libraries' catalog.