What is BartonPlus?
BartonPlus searches the Barton catalog and most MIT-licensed e-resources, including e-books and full-text articles. Extensive, but does not include ALL materials available to the MIT community.
Searching for music
- Enter your search terms in BartonPlus
- Narrow your results by using "Publication Type" (Audio, Music Scores, Videos):
(Tip: Click on “Show More” for additional categories).
- Broaden your search by using an asterisk (*) for plurals or other word endings: symphon* = symphony, symphonies, etc.
- To limit by publication date, use "Refine your results":
- For more BartonPlus search help, click on the question mark next to the Search button:
Tip: some large collections don't list the contents; MIT's WorldCat may help. The Lewis Music Library reference staff can also show you print indexes that may help locate what you want.
Tip: LPs (33 1/3 phonograph records), some music scores, and some CDs are in storage; click “Get it in the library” (new browser tab will open) and use the "Request Item" button: