Threats to Digital Content
- Everyday loss - accidental deletion, losing a flash drive, computer crash, etc.
- Content degradation - damage to digital materials over time, "bit rot"
- Security and privacy
Considerations for Protecting Digital Content
- Know where content is located - onsite and offsite; online and offline
- Know who has (or could gain) access to it
- Write-protection for your files
- Protecting your files from physical theft
- Clean up your digital footprint
- Full deletion of disk when changing storage media