Statistical software workshops
An Overview of Statistical Software: Wednesday, 1/14, 10am-11am: Register
Introduction to R:
- Fri, 11/21: 9am-12pm (at Harvard): Register
- Friday, 1/16: 1pm-4pm: Register
- Wednesday, 1/21: 1pm-4pm: Register
R Regression Models: Friday, 1/23: 1pm-4pm: Register
R Graphics: Thursday, 1/22: 9:30am-12:30pm: Register
Intro to Stata: Monday, 1/26, 1pm-4pm: Register
Data Management in Stata: Tuesday, 1/27, 1pm-4pm: Register
Regression and Graphing in Stata: Friday, 1/30, 1pm-5pm: Register
MIT affiliates can attend statistical software workshops at Harvard throughout the year.
Harvard-MIT Data Center (HMDC)
MIT's membership in the Harvard-MIT Data Center provides the following services for MIT researchers:
Harvard Dataverse Network
The Harvard Dataverse Network is a data repository for research data in any discipline.
- Visit the Harvard Dataverse Network to access data from researchers worldwide.
- Visit the MIT Libraries Dataverse to focus on data from the MIT Libraries' collections
- Store and distribute data you produce via the Harvard Dataverse Network
Harvard-MIT Data Center (HMDC) Computing Services
1. The HMDC Research Computing Environment (RCE) offers you:
- a centralized place in which to store your data and run your analysis
- remote access to specialized data analysis software
- temporary disk storage space for limited-time research projects
- collaboration with other researchers is possible
To apply for an RCE account, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. MIT affiliates may also get accounts to use the HMDC computer labs for the use of specialized data analysis software not necessarily available at MIT. To apply for a computer lab, contact email@example.com.
Research Technology Consulting
Have questions about statistical software, statistics, or social science research methods? Use the Harvard Research Technology Consulting Service. Consultants can help with issues such as:
- Learning or troubleshooting statistical software packages such as R, Stata, or SAS
- Data analysis support and programming advice
- Statistical methodology questions
- For social science research projects:
- Research project planning and guidance
- Use of research technology (e.g., screen scraping, social network analysis, and more)
Members of the MIT community can meet with a consultant at Harvard. To make an appointment or ask for tips on a project: