Books & MIT theses
E-journals & Databases
- Vera - MIT Libraries Gateway. Search Vera for the title you want.
Is what you need not available at MIT?
- Barton - the MIT Libraries Catalog
Use this to search the libraries collection for books, theses, films, music and more. Search for journal titles, but not articles.
- MIT's Worldcat
Search libraries across the country and around the world. Search results indicate if MIT owns the book, or if it is available through the BLC or Borrow Direct. If the book is available through either, you can request to have it sent here, usually within a few days.
- Dissertations and Theses
(Theses from other universities) - citations of theses back to 1861. Full text of most theses from 1997 - present.
The databases listed below will take you to articles published from a variety of sources. Some provide you with the complete text of the article, while others will give you a short description and a link to SFX, a tool that will search for the complete article in a different source.
- ProQuest Research Library
Indexes thousands of journals, newspapers and magazines in a broad range of subjects. Many articles are available in full text.
- Environment Index
Database of mostly peer-reviewed journals. Coverage in energy, renewable energy sources, natural resources, environmental technology, environmental law, public policy, social impacts, urban planning, and more.
- Proquest Environmental Science Collection
A database of databases. Large collection of material related to pollution, energy, toxicology, water resource issues, industrial pollution and more. Includes scientific journals, conference proceedings, reports, monographs, books and government publications.
- Web of Science / Social Science Citation Index (SSCI)
Covers science, social science, engineering, art & humanities research journals, (but you can limit search to only some of that). Provides a count of number of times the article was cited. *Tutorial Available
- Databases by Subject
None of these look right for you? Check out this list of guides to resources for different topics. Click on the topic area to see suggested resources. If you still aren't finding what you're looking for, either contact me, or use the Ask-Us link on the right.
Try these sources when looking for news about your topic.
- LexisNexis Academic - Lexis Nexis Academic provides access to the full-text of many news, business, and legal resources, including the New York Times.
- Factiva - Full text of many news and business resources. Includes Boston Globe from 1987-present.
- Greenwire - coverage of environmental and energy news with a focus on politics and policy.
- Historical Boston Globe (1872-1972)