Using Your Account in Barton
With Your Account, our online access service, you can:
- Personalize the way you view results in Barton, our library catalog.
- View what items you have checked out.
- View what fines you have.
- Renew library materials borrowed from MIT Libraries' collection.
- Request checked out items.
- Delete holds.
- Delete Library Storage Annex requests not listed in Your Account.
- Request an item without shortening the current due date.
- Cancel a request that resulted in a recall.
- See fines or charges that that have already transferred to Student Financial Services (SFS) or Accounts Receivable (AR).
- Renew reserve items that have been requested by another student.
- Request reserve items.
- Track or renew items that you checked out manually. (Some items do not have library barcodes and therefore cannot be checked out to your online account.)
- Change your personal information (address, phone number, email, etc.).
- Change your "home library."
Yes, Your Account is secure while you are logged in. However, it is very important to quit out of the web browser at the end of each session to ensure privacy. There is no log out button.
Everyone with an MIT Libraries account can use Your Account, but privileges vary. See below for details:
Request & Recall
|Wellesley Faculty & Student||Yes||Yes|
MIT users, log-in using your Kerberos ID and password or MIT web certificates. If you are a new or existing user without a Kerberos account (ex. MIT Spouse/partner, BLC, P-Card etc.), you may use this form to contact a staff member who will help you register for Your Account, or simply visit any of the MIT Libraries' service desks.
- Search the Barton catalog for the item you'd like to request.
- When you find the item you want, view the full record by clicking on the "Find it in the library/Request item" link. When the full record loads, click the request button.
- The Touchstone login page will load. Login using your Kerberos ID (MIT community members) or Touchstone Collaboration Account (non-MIT library account holders).
- Once you have successfully logged in, you will be directed to a request page. Choose your MIT Library pickup location from the drop down box and then click the go button.
- You will receive an email notice when the item is placed on hold for you at the pickup location.
You can view your record online through Your Account. You are responsible, however, for keeping track of any books which have been checked out manually. (Some items do not have library barcodes and therefore cannot be checked out to your online account.) You can also visit any service desk to find out what you have checked out.
You may only cancel a request when it is "in process." If the request resulted in a loan recall or it has already been placed on hold for you, you must call the home library or email circulation to cancel requests.
To cancel an "in process" request - log on to Your Account and click the "Requests" link. Click the number beside the requested item. Click the delete button displayed at the bottom of the page.
Yes, the library needs to receive updates on changes to your address, phone number or email. If you are MIT faculty, student or staff, it's best to update your contact information through SAPweb Self Service. We automatically receive those updates each business day.
If you do not have access to SAP, please visit an MIT Libraries service desk.