Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Problems with Barton (including web OPAC and staff clients)
General libraries staff
- Speak with the Access Services Manager in charge of your unit to determine whether the problem requires immediate attention.
- Check with another ID&LA service desk to determine whether the problem is affecting other units.
- Report problems to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Evening/weekend/holiday problems: Enterprise Systems staff need to know as soon as possible about problems with Barton and have asked to be called any time of day.
Report problems to Hayden circulation at 3-5672
Hayden staff should check MIT's services status listing at http://3down.mit.edu/3down/ or by calling 3-DOWN (3-3696) to see if MIT is experiencing network problems
Then call 3-1617 to reach a member of the ITDS staff
If no one answers the phone in ITDS, Hayden staff should call :
1. Christine Moulen at home, (781) 893-6829. If Hayden staff does not speak with Christine, they should leave a message and then call:
2. Nina Davis-Millis at home, 5-9608. They should leave a message if no one is available, and then
3. send email to email@example.com.
- Contact fix-lib to report the problem
- Check with your supervisor for downtime assignments
When the problem is fixed
- Enterprise Systems staff will call the Hayden circulation desk at 3-5672, and send email to all-lib.
- Hayden will call the service desks at Barker, Dewey, and Rotch to spread the word.
When Hayden is closed
- Please call Christine Moulen at home, (781) 893-6829. If nobody answers, leave a message and then call:
- Nina Davis-Millis at home, (617) 225-9608. If nobody answers, leave a message and then
- send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.