All Scan & Deliver requests are subject to copyright restrictions. The following limits are in adherence to fair use guidelines for document delivery:
- Provided for the purpose of private study and research.
- Only one article from a single issue can be provided -- i.e., if we receive requests for multiple articles within a single journal issue, we can only scan one of the articles.
- Only one chapter per book can be provided. Chapter cannot comprise more than 10% of the entire book. If you need more than one chapter, you can request the book be delivered to a campus library.
- Scanning not provided when digital equivalent is available via MIT Libraries.
- Scanning not provided from materials on course reserve.