PCC / BIBCO Provider-Neutral E-Monograph MARC Record Guide (PDF, 415 KB)
Notes about processing Ebooks packages
When a new package is received, preference for source of records is:
- OCLC Collection set http://collectionsets.oclc.org/JustLooking?cmd=displayElectronicSets
- MARC records from vendor ; if quality is not good, or do not have OCLC numbers, extract ISBNs and other useful information and use Z39.50 searching via MarcEdit to create a custom record set; Edit in MarcEdit and forward set to Beth for loading.
- Manually catalog via Connexion.
- When there is a duplicate Books24x7 record, transfer the Books24x7 link, 956 get URL, and the 035 (Books24x7) number to the preferred OCLC record. Then delete/remove the Books24x7 record from Barton.
- When there is a duplicate EPDA record with order attached, merge per usual procedure.
- When there is a duplicate EPDA Discovery Record (not activated yet), delete the record (CTRL-R) entirely from Barton.
Editing in MarcEdit
- Add tags 956 get URL (if available) and 949 $a n
- Can add tags only to records that don't already have tag (e.g. 006, 007)
- Delete unwanted tags such as 029, 948, 952, 994, 938, Hathitrust fields: 506, 533, 583, HT 588s only
- Use Reports / Field Count to check tags