Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
A summary table showing the cataloging status of MIT collection sets and monographic series is available. Click on a title in the table to get more detailed information about the package (stored on the Mono Doc wiki).
Or find details about a particular collection set or monographic series through these pages on the Mono Doc wiki:
Cataloging of E-books
PCC / BIBCO Provider-Neutral E-Monograph MARC Record Guide (PDF, 415 KB)
Notes about processing Ebooks packages
When a new package is received, preference for source of records is:
- OCLC Collection set http://collectionsets.oclc.org/JustLooking?cmd=displayElectronicSets
- MARC records from vendor ; if quality is not good, or do not have OCLC numbers, extract ISBNs and other useful information and use Z39.50 searching via MarcEdit to create a custom record set; Edit in MarcEdit and forward set to Beth for loading.
- Manually catalog via Connexion.
- When there is a duplicate Books24x7 record, transfer the Books24x7 link, 956 get URL, and the 035 (Books24x7) number to the preferred OCLC record. Then delete/remove the Books24x7 record from Barton.
- When there is a duplicate EPDA record with order attached, merge per usual procedure.
- When there is a duplicate EPDA Discovery Record (not activated yet), delete the record (CTRL-R) entirely from Barton.
Editing in MarcEdit
- Add tags 956 get URL (if available) and 949 $a n
- Can add tags only to records that don't already have tag (e.g. 006, 007)
- Delete unwanted tags such as 029, 948, 952, 994, 938, Hathitrust fields: 506, 533, 583, HT 588s only
- Use Reports / Field Count to check tags