Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What to use
A Few Examples from the ACS Style Guide:
- One author: Bersuker, I. B.Electronic Strucutre and Properties of transition Metal Compounds: Introduction to the Theory; Wiley & Sons: New York, 1996, Chapter 6.
- Two or more authors: Dresselhaus, M. S.; Dresselhaus, G.; Eklund, P.C. Science of Fullerenes and Carbon Nanotubes; Academic Press: New York, 1996; pp. 126-141.
- Institution, association as author: American Society of Brewing Chemists. Methods of Analysis, 8th ed.; St Paul, MN, 1992.
- Editor or compiler: Adams, M. R.; Garton, A. Far-Ultraviolet Degradation of Selected Polymers. In Polymer Durability: Degration, Stabilization, and Lifetime Prediction; Clogh, R. L., Billingham, N.C., Gillen, K. T., Eds; Advances in Chemistry Series 249; American Chemical Society: Washington, DC, 1996; pp. 139-158.
- Conference Proceeding:
- Garrone, E.; Ugliengo, P. In Structure and Reactivity of Surfaces, Proceedings of the European Conference, Trieste, Italy, Sept 12-20, 1988; Zecchina, A., Costa, G., Morterra, C., Eds.; Elsevier: Amsterdam, 1988.
- Journal Article:
- Rouhi, A. M. Chem. Eng. News 1996, 74(33), 37-42.
- Langer, R. New Methods of Drug Delivery. Science 1990, 249, 1527-1533.
For more examples refer to the ACS style guide: effective communication of scientific information edited by Anne M. Coghill and Lorrin R. Garson, 3rd ed.; American Chemical Society: Washington, D.C., 2006. Chapter 14.
Also in Science Reference Collection: QD8.5.A25 2006
Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering Librarian