There are some challenges to using the search function on the web site.
(1) Search results aren't organized by article, so you should actually click on the PDF to find the relevant results.
(2) All the text has not been accurately processed with OCR, so it's possible there are results that won't come up in your search.
(3) The search box for some of the back volumes does not work at all. You'll run into a problem if you see "Please access this volume in our legacy archives" rather than a listing of all the issues. (For example, vol. 24
vs. vol. 97
If the search box for a specific volume isn't working, here's a workaround using Google:
* Go to home page of The Tech.
* Click on "in our legacy archives" link.
* Copy the URL from your browser (e.g., tech.mit.edu/archives/VOL_024/).
* Do a Google search with this format: "site:[INSERT URL] [INSERT SEARCH TERMS]" (e.g., "site:tech.mit.edu/archives/VOL_024/ parade").
This one-minute video
shows you how to do the search.