The GIS & Data lab, housed on the 1st floor of Rotch Library (7-238), is available for use during Rotch's operating hours. Software and one-on-one help is for use by the MIT Community only.
Drop-in help hours
All Libraries will close on March 14th until further notice. See the Libraries' home page for updates.
Email email@example.com to ask questions or schedule a virtual appointment.
How to prepare for remote work with GIS
- Install the MIT VPN to use ArcMap remotely.
- Check out a license for ArcMap if you might have unreliable internet access. Using ArcGIS Pro? Email us if you don't have a personal account through ArcGIS Online. A personal account will work off the MIT Network, with any internet connection, and you will also have the option of checking out a license if you are without internet.
- QGIS can be installed on any operating system and has minimal system requirements. Never used QGIS? See the QGIS exercise from our Intro to GIS workshop.
- Our lab computers can be accessed remotely. Email us for more information and to reserve a computer.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or to schedule a virtual meeting. We're ready to provide the same support virtually that we do in person.