Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Using the collection
The Limited Access Collection at Rotch Library (7-238) is a non-circulating collection of fragile and historical items relating to architecture, art, and urban planning.
Researchers wishing to view an item in the collection must complete the Limited Access Collection request form.
Please read the procedures below for more details. Questions should be directed to email@example.com.
- Researchers must fill out the Limited Access Collection request form for each item that they wish to view from the Limited Access Collection.
- A Rotch reference librarian will be in contact with the researcher within two business days after the request is received to set up an appointment to view the materials.
- All appointments will be held at the Institute Archives and Special Collections (IASC) Reading Room, 14N-118, during regular business hours.
- Researchers must bring a valid photo ID to their appointment in order to register with IASC staff prior to viewing materials.
- IASC staff will oversee the researcher's use of the Limited Access Collection materials.
- If, for any reason, a researcher is unable to make an appointment, they must contact firstname.lastname@example.org to reschedule.
Guidelines for use:
- Researchers will abide by IASC regulations for use of Limited Access Collection materials including, but not limited to:
- Only one item may be used at a time.
- The researcher may bring necessary research items (i.e. laptop, notebook) to the reading room. All other belongings must be placed in IASC lockers.
- Pens of any kind are prohibited in the IASC Reading Room. Only pencils may be used, and they are provided at each table.
- Researchers may not remove items from the IASC Reading Room for any reason.
- Personal digital cameras or phone cameras may be used on a case-by-case basis. Please see the Reproduction Policy for Digital Cameras in Library Reading Rooms.
- Due to the delicate condition of many of these items, we request that researchers please wash their hands prior to coming to their appointment.
More ways to get help
Ask a question, make an appointment, give feedback, or visit us.