Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Requests for Temps, Interns, Contractors or other Libraries' Sponsored Guests
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS PAGE IS INTENDED FOR USE BY MIT LIBRARIES STAFF ONLY
Library staff may request MIT ID cards and/or e-mail accounts for sponsored guests of the Libraries. Sponsored guests include MITemps or temp employees, fellows/interns, contractors, or individuals working on Institute projects.
Please use the forms below to request a new or renewed MIT ID card and/or to request an e-mail account. Use of the forms will enable us to capture information and help requestors keep track of expiring cards and accounts. Forms require the cardholder’s name and current e-mail address and birth month and day.
Please note that the MIT processes for requesting an ID card and e-mail account are two separate and distinct processes so be sure to complete the correct form.
- Request an MIT ID card
- There is a $20 fee associated with each DLC-sponsored card (for both new cards and renewals).
- The Card Office requires at least 24 hours notice before an ID can be issued.
- Cards are issued for maximum of 1 year and may be renewed if there is a continued need.
- Pick-up: Cardholder must bring confirmation e-mail from Card Office plus a valid passport, U.S. driver's license, or U.S. government issued picture ID to Card Services during regular business hours to pick-up the card. Note: name on the ID must match the name used on the card request form.
- Request an MIT Email Account
- There is no cost for a sponsored e-mail account.
- Sponsor will receive confirmation e-mail and should forward instructions for registering username to guest.
- Request BOTH an ID card and an Email Account
- Some of the required information for card and account requests are the same but there are some pieces of information unique to each request. This form covers all required information for both.