Solar House II was completed in 1947. Its heat collectors were located not on the roof, but on the south facing wall. The laboratory was divided into seven sections, each of which contained differing amounts and types of heat collectors (stacked cans painted black).
No power was needed to run the system except an air circulating fan. However, heat loss was very significant on winter nights, even with an aluminized screen between the glass and the storage area.
Solar House II was converted into Solar House III in 1949.