Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Standards are generally set by industry associations or government agencies. When searching for standards, consider what types of standards might exist related to your product.
- Are there likely to be safety standards?
- Is there some aspect or part of your product that must be standardized so that it will always work with other manufacturers products?
- Will there be some standard method of testing the quality or functionality of the product?
Additionally, be sure to consider the source of the standard -- both the organization and the country. Though the country of origin may not be the US, it may affect where you can sell your product.
- The full text of ASTM standards which include testing and specifications for a wide range of products
- Standards guide which includes links to other standards and a form to request standards
More ways to get help
Ask a question, make an appointment, give feedback, or visit us.