Article databases are ideal for searching the journal literature because:
- They include hundreds of journals, so you search through thousands of articles at once.
- Some databases are general or interdisciplinary and provide broad coverage of many topics, while others are subject-specific and cover one field in-depth.
- Many databases have full text articles, so you can read entire articles online.
- Databases vary in content and may include more than just journal articles; conference proceedings, book chapters, theses, or technical reports may also be covered.
- If a database only includes journal articles, various types of articles might be covered, such as articles from trade journals, magazines, or scholarly peer-reviewed journals.
- Article databases cover differing periods of time, so check date ranges. For dates not covered by an online database, Ask Us to find relevant print indexes.
Information Navigator home