You may request captioning at no charge to your department by following the process below. The Communications team provides this service, with UXWS as backup.
- Create a video that will be linked from our public website and/or libguides.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a request to caption your audio/video. (A minimum of one week’s turnaround time is required.)
- In the email please provide:
- Topic of the audio/video.
- Target audience (e.g. a single class, a specific department, the entire MIT community, etc.)
- Desired posting deadline
- The audio/video file itself. To include this, either
- Attach audio/video file to your email (if file is 40MB or less)
- Include a link to the audio/video file (from Dropbox or Google).
- After we receive your email with all the needed information, we'll order the caption file from 3PlayMedia.
- Once completed, we'll upload the video and captioning file to the MIT Libraries YouTube channel for hosting. We'll determine how it should be tagged in YouTube.
- We'll email you the YouTube URL which will allow you to embed/link to the video where needed.