- Electronic Resources
- Availability Display Errors
Notice a problem not listed? Let us know!
- If an MIT item is on hold for another patron, you will not be able to request that item from another library using WorldCat or Borrow Direct until the item has been loaned.
- Title searches passed from WorldCat to Borrow Direct may not return results even though there are copies available. Search the Borrow Direct interface by ISBN or title for best results.
- Avoid multi-tab browsing in WorldCat or Borrow Direct
- If you open search results in multiple tabs in either interface, any request you place will default to the first tab you opened. Only load the results for one item at a time to place requests.
- Requests for multi-volume titles or items with accompanying materials
- If you want multiple volumes or accompanying material, please indicate which volumes you want by adding a comment in the "note" field, which is available in both request forms.
2. Electronic Resources:
- Due to licensing restrictions, we cannot borrow E-books from other institutions.
- When searching for ebooks, sometimes MIT will own an e-copy that does not appear in WorldCat, so always double-check in the Barton catalog if you don't find what you are looking for.
3. Availability Display Errors:
- When waiting for availability and location information, an error message can pop up, especially for journals with a lot of volumes. Try using advanced search to narrow your results.
- Some books that are on loan are not showing that they are on loan or when they're due; instead, they say, "Check at circulation desk." This is generally due to high server traffic. Please try again at a later time.
- A record might only show "internet resource" as its format when we own both the print version and online access. Click on "view all editions and formats" to find other holdings.