Access to collections
- All visitors (see Special user types) may access the MIT Libraries' open stack collections, including government depository material. See below for further information on access to Distinctive Collections and the Library Storage Annex.
- Access restrictions apply during exam periods in December and May (see Library Hours for dates).
- Public access to Search Our Collections, the MIT Libraries’ online catalog, is at https://libraries.mit.edu/search-collections.
- At their discretion, the MIT Libraries may limit or refuse access by individuals or groups whose behavior fails to comply with the Libraries' Guidelines for Use.
- Access to some electronic resources is restricted to current students, faculty and staff of MIT, due to licensing agreements. Details are available at service desks.
As a selective US Federal Depository Library, the MIT Libraries will provide access to government information in accordance with the requirements of the Depository Program. Depository users must adhere to the same standards of behavior expected of other library patrons.
Includes the Institute archives, plus other rare and unique materials. Most of the collection is stored off-site. See the Distinctive Collections page for further information.
Library Storage Annex
See the Library Storage Annex page for further information.