Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Selecting + ordering monographs
YBP is our major monograph vendor. Books are obtained in two ways:
- YBP automatically ships books according to divisional library subject profiles. These are the on-approval plans.
- Selectors firm order books from notification slips listed in YBP's GOBI database.
Email email@example.com for information on specialized or foreign language vendors.
YBP's database. Use it to order new titles from slip notifications, find bibliographic information, review slip and book profiles for your subjects, see books sent on your funds. Includes ebooks.
GOBI3 Electronic Selection (for selectors)
Introduction to making selections in GOBI, YBP's database.
GOBI Templates (page temporarily unavailable)
Introduction to using GOBI templates for slip orders. Contact your friendly Collection Strategist for help setting up your templates.
How to order things
Complete guide to ordering electronic & tangible items, all formats, GOBI and nonGOBI. (ALS wiki)
How to see YBP approvals
Cheat sheet on how to use GOBI to retrieve lists of books shipped on subject funds. This is how to find out what YBP has sent on-approval for your subject. (CSM wiki).
Information on getting a GOBI account, user name and password. (CSM wiki)
Reader requests + suggested purchases
Patrons are welcome to suggest purchases.
Information about the FY2016 pilot, including a Fact Sheet for Selectors, can be found here. (CSM wiki)
Ordering data sets
- Decide where you want to store the data: Dataverse, Geoweb, CD/DVD, or a vendor site
- Complete the order form.
- The Electronic Resources Librarian will review the order, contact the vendor, and send any licenses to the Scholarly Communications and Licensing Librarians. Once licenses are signed, the order will be placed. This whole process may take several months.
- If you have chosen to store data in Dataverse, the Electronic Resources Librarian will upload the data. If you receive data directly from the vendor or have questions about this process, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Other questions? Respond to the order confirmation email with questions about order status. Contact Jennie Murack (email@example.com) with questions about data storage options.