Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Mechanical Engineering Librarian
Keywords and Concepts to try when searching
- Unmanned aerial vehicle or UAV
- Unmanned aircraft systems or UAS
- Autonomous or autonomously
- Path planning
- Trajectory planning
- Obstacle avoidance
- Detect and avoid
- Sense and avoid
Finding journal articles
- Search the Web of Science or Compendex databases to find research articles on your topic. Click the "Get this at MIT" button to access full text of the articles.
- IEEE Xplore includes articles and papers related to electrical engineering and computer science
- The Aerospace Research Central from AIAA includes technical papers and articles related to aerospace
Standards are published by a variety of agencies about topics related to standard tolerances and safety. If you need to find specifications for drones, it may be published in a standard. Find out more about standards and search for them using the standards guide or try searching ASTM standards.
Some standards that may be helpful include:
These books may help you find information related to the Momentum challenge.