Mendeley Institutional Sign-on Alert
- Mendeley recently added an option to create an account using an institutional login. This is currently not working properly. When creating a new account do not choose this option.
- In some cases (such as if you have a pre-existing Elsevier account), you may be forced to create your account using Touchstone. To get around this, use a non-MIT email address. You will still get the extra storage.
- If you do create an account with Touchstone, rather than by setting a password, you will not be able to use Mendeley desktop. Request to reset your password or contact Mendeley tech support using the email option at the bottom of the Mendeley support page. Indicate that you are an institutional subscriber. In either case, it may take several days to receive a response.
Mendeley IP Access Update
- Mendeley institutional access is now based on IP address.
- When you sign into your Mendeley account from the MIT network, you will have access to premium content (extra storage, larger group sizes, etc.).
- You will maintain this access as long as you sign into your account at least once during a 12-month period using the MIT network.
- After you graduate you will continue to have premium access to 12 months and will be notified 10 days before it expires.
- After premium access expires, you can pay for additional storage or use the storage included with a free account.