Mendeley recently added an option to create an account using an institutional login. This is currently not working properly and will create a temporary account which will not work with the desktop software. When creating a new account do not choose this option. If you have trouble accessing your account, create a new one or contact Mendeley tech support using the email option at the bottom of the Mendeley support page.
2. Download Mendeley.
3. Add the Web Importer to your browser.
4. Search for an article in a database. Click the Save to Mendeley button to save a citation from a website.
5. You will be prompted to sign into your account if you are not already. Mendeley will try to find the bibliographic information from that website. Choose a folder and click Save.
5. While you are writing, use the Mendeley Cite-O-Matic under the references tab in Word to insert citations and a bibliography.
6. See the Mendeley Quick Start Guide for more information.
With MIT's Mendeley Institutional account you get:
Access our subscription:
Mendeley can automatically import citations and PDFs that are stored in Zotero. This can be a useful set up if you find that Mendeley does not import well from the databases you regularly search in.