Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Have a big scanning project?
No-cost, self-service book scanners are available for all library visitors. The scanners allow easy copying of most library materials.
- Barker (10-500) : 2 scanners on the 5th floor: one near the Service desk, 1 in 24/7 study area.
- Dewey (E53-100) : 2 scanners on the 1st floor: one near the Service desk, 1 in 24/7 study area.
- Hayden (14S-100) : 2 scanners: 1 in the print & scan room on the 1st floor, 1 near the unbound journals on the 2nd floor.
- Rotch (7-238) : 1 scanner near the Service desk
Map of MIT Libraries locations
Scanner Capabilities and Output Options
- Scan bound or flat originals in full color, grayscale, and black & white modes
- Scanner resolution goes up to 400 ppi/dpi in color
- Scanner bed can accommodate materials up to 17x 24 inches
Scanner Output Options
- Save images from the scanner in various file formats: PDF, JPEG, PNG, and more
- Send image files via email (20MB limit); save to a USB flash drive