Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Pages on this guide
MIT Thesis FAQ
View topics such as specifications, submitting to DSpace, copyright, holds, availability, and fees.
MIT doctoral dissertations and masters theses
- Paper and microfiche: Search the library catalog, Barton.
- Digital: Search MIT Theses in DSpace.
- DSpace does NOT contain the complete collection of MIT theses.
- Use Barton to search for all MIT theses.
- Recently submitted: Contact Distinctive Collections if the thesis is not found in Barton.
- Members of the MIT and Wellesley College communities may borrow MIT theses. Check Barton for location information.
- Individuals not affiliated with MIT may NOT borrow MIT theses.
- MIT theses are NOT loaned to other institutions through Interlibrary Loan.
Order PDF Copies:
Prepare and Submit Your MIT Thesis:
More ways to get help
Ask a question, make an appointment, give feedback, or visit us.
ProQuest Dissertations & Theses Global
- The largest single repository of graduate dissertations and theses
- 3.8 million graduate works, with 1.7 million in full text
- Includes work by authors from more than 3,000 graduate schools and universities the world over, and covers every conceivable subject.