Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Purchase or borrow
- MIT generally will not purchase (and rarely adds to the collection) theses or dissertations from other institutions.
- Many theses are available from Proquest Dissertations and Theses Global, which contains the full text of graduate theses and dissertations added since 1997 from around the world, as well as selected earlier works.
- If a thesis is available for purchase from ProQuest Dissertation Express or any other document providers (such as those listed below in the Find section), it cannot be borrowed through InterLibrary Borrowing.
- If a thesis is not available for purchase, Interlibrary Borrowing will try to borrow it for you.
Find theses not at MIT - United States
A number of universities have their own theses available for free online so check the granting university's website.
Find theses outside the United States
Theses and research publications from Scandinavian countries.
ProQuest Dissertations & Theses Global
- The largest single repository of graduate dissertations and theses
- 3.8 million graduate works, with 1.7 million in full text
- Includes work by authors from more than 3,000 graduate schools and universities the world over, and covers every conceivable subject.
More ways to get help
Ask a question, make an appointment, give feedback, or visit us.