Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Zoom Virtual Backgrounds
Find open source virtual backgrounds at the following resources:
Virtual background tips:
An easy and quick way to create a high-quality image for your virtual background is to adjust the aspect ratio of any template to 1280 x 720 pixels and add, remove and customize elements to your liking.
- For the best virtual background effect, use a high-contrast, solid-color backdrop, preferably a green screen, but this is not required. Whatever you decide to use, choose a matt, non-reflective background.
- Use high-quality, high-resolution images.
- Zoom recommends using background images with an aspect ratio of 16:9 and a minimum resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels.
- Zoom recommends using background videos (MP4 or MOV file) with a minimum resolution of 480 x 360 pixels (360p) and a maximum resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels (1080p).
- If your background image includes text, uncheck the ‘mirror my video’ option in your video settings.
Completely Free Image Resources
These image resources are created under either a completely unrestricted use license, or a Creative Commons Zero (CC0) license, meaning that you can download, use, manipulate, share, distribute, or otherwise use them for whatever purpose you'd like without permission. It is strongly recommended that you credit the creator(s) of the image, but it is not necessary.
Beautiful, high-resolution photographs of black and brown people, available under a Creative Commons Zero (CC0) license.
Beautiful, free photographs published on Unsplash for you to use for free. Can be used for commercial or noncommercial purposes.
Over 1.2 million images and videos, available for completely free use under Creative Commons Zero (CC0) license.