Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
MIT has a subscription to Planet satellite imagery.
Get an account:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for an account.
- Review the MIT Planet license before use (see below).
- Consult the Planet Resource Center and Planet Explorer guide for information on using the product.
- Sign into your account to download data.
With an account you get access to the following data:
- PlanetScope 3-Band/4-Band Scenes
- PlanetScope OrthoTiles
- Sentinel-2 Tiles
- Landsat 8 Scenes
- Global Monthly/Quarterly Mosaics (can be downloaded or streamed into GIS software)
- MODIS (Aqua/Terra) data (only available via the API)
It also includes full access to the Data API and Orders V2 tools (including clip and ship - which allows users to clip their AOIs to a geometry). Data are available at a 3m to 5m resolution, depending on location.
Accounts include an annual download quota of 10,000 km2. If you reach the quota, email us and we'll let you know if we can increase it. Note that certain imagery, such as Landsat, MODIS, etc. are available from the free sources listed below and we recommend using these sources instead of Planet so you don't use your quota.
2007-present, images must be purchased
AIRBUS Secure Communications
1986-present, images must be purchased
A large catalog of aerial photographs and remotely sensed imagery. This is not a comprehensive site. It does have some data for outside of the US.