Student workers in circulation units (Barker, Dewey, Hayden, Lewis Music, and Rotch Libraries) may work at the service desk and/or in the stacks, and may help with opening or closing the library.
- At the service desk, you'll check books and other library materials in and out, answer and refer questions from patrons, retrieve materials from behind the circulation desk (course reserves, hold requests, etc.), and work on clean-up projects.
- In the stacks, you'll re-shelve materials, shelf-read the collection, search for and retrieve books in the stacks, pick up items left in the stacks, and work on projects to ensure materials are accessible to patrons.
Attention to detail is essential in all positions. We normally set up the schedule for the entire term around Registration Day.
Starting wage: $16.00 (starting Spring 2023)
The Libraries most often hire at the beginning and end of semesters, but there may be opportunity throughout the year. Please submit an application to any of the locations where you would like to work. The student supervisor for that library will contact you once they receive your application.
- Student employees typically work 5-12 hrs/wk
- Hours are capped at 20 hrs/wk during the term and 40 hrs/wk during IAP/Summer (Most students do not reach this cap due to limited shift availability)
For Spring 2023 hours:
- From February 6th- May 26th:
- Barker, Dewey, Lewis, Rotch: Monday-Friday 10am-6pm
- Hayden: Sunday 2pm-9pm, Monday-Thursday 9am-9pm, Friday 9am-6pm