Articles you need not at MIT?
Use the Interlibrary Borrowing Service to order articles and other items not available at MIT.
Access to MIT resources from anywhere
Access MIT Library resources from off campus or direct a web page to reload through the Libraries proxy server.
- Compendex/Inspec - for engineering topics
- Business Source Complete - for management topics
- Web of Science or Scopus - for searching across many disciplines, includes data on who has cited the paper
News and trade publications
- Factiva - international & U.S. newspapers, trade publications
- LexisNexis Academic - international & U.S. newspapers, trade publications, legal information
- ABI/Inform Trade & Industry - search for articles and company mentions in industry trade journals
Books & theses
- Barton - MIT Libraries catalog, includes MIT Theses
- Knovel - search full text of hundreds of engineering and technical books
- CRCnetBase - search full text of books from publisher CRC or Taylor & Francis
- Books24x7 - search full text of engineering and technical books
- Dissertations & Theses - from schools other than MIT, many full text
- Vera - see what electronic journals or databases are accessible at MIT. Search Vera for the title of the journal or database you want.
- Mergent Intellect - Looking for Hoover's? Use this instead!
- Lexis-Nexis Company Dossier - international + US companies
- OneSource - searchable directory of millions of public and private U.S. and international companies
- Business Monitor - reports on 30+ industries in 100+ countries
- IBISWorld Industry Reports - detailed industry reports for US, China
- Frost & Sullivan - research reports on aerospace, automotive, chemicals, electronics, energy, environment, health care, information & communication technologies.
- Global Market Information Database (Passport GMID) - data on consumer demographics and other characteristics. Data on product sales and market size. Covers 200+ countries.
Manage Your References
Use these tools to help you organize and cite your references:
Ask Us! - Quick Answers
Ask Us! - Quick Answers provides answers to frequently asked questions. It currently focuses on management and social sciences topics - more topics coming soon!
Type your question or keyword(s) below.