Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Finding Maps in the Barton Catalog
- Do an advanced search by collection type maps
- Search by subject, typing the place name and then maps:
ex: United States maps, Massachusetts maps, Boston maps
- Other subject terms to try:
map collections, maps and mapping, maps, early, cartography
- Maps are often included as plates in books; use a subject search in Barton, then choose the "Full display" option to see whether the book includes maps.
- For atlases, use a combined keyword search: subject [place name] and keyword [atlas*]
Finding Maps in Geoweb
- Search MIT's geodata repository for both GIS data and map records.
- Click on "Paper Map" in the left sidebar to limit your search results to maps in the libraries.
- Click on "Scanned Map" to view and download historic maps from Harvard.