For extended performance review process, please refer to this page.
Process for Performance Reviews for Staff
- Managers should set timelines for completing their reviews with their staff, including deadlines for receiving colleague feedback, receiving employee’s input to the review, and scheduling performance discussions.
- Employee provides the names of 3-5 colleagues for colleague feedback to their managers. If employee is a manager, all of their direct reports should be given the opportunity to provide feedback.
- Managers reach out to colleagues with Colleague Feedback form, setting deadline by which they need the feedback submitted.
- Employee completes Performance Review form (all sections) and submits to their manager.
- Manager completes Performance Review form, incorporating colleague feedback in the section entitled “Job Assessment and Overall Performance.”
- Employee and manager meet to discuss review and goals, revise as needed and sign review.
- Managers provide signed reviews to DH/ADs for review and signature.
- ADs submit their reviews to HR.
Process for Annual Salary Review
- After reviews are submitted, HR provides ADs with performance rankings histories for each directorate.
- ADs work with DHs to assign performance rankings and premium dollars by directorate.
- Rankings and premiums are reviewed in AD group prior to final submission.
- Notifications go out in late June, with salary changes taking effect July 1st.