Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The 25-in-1 memory card reader will read a number of memory cards like the ones pictured above. See the full list to the right of memory card types supported.
Using the reader
- Remove the drive from its box and plug it into your computer's USB drive.
- Plug the USB connector into your computer's USB port.
- Press the two release buttons on the side of the reader to make the ports accessible (see image below).
- Identify the type of memory card and insert it into the correct slot.
- Once the disk is inserted, the drive will pop up as an external USB drive in your file explorer/Finder.
- Click on what has popped up and see if you can view your files.
- If so, you can copy and paste them onto your computer (e.g. to a Documents folder). If comfortable, you may consider using a tool like TeraCopy or RSync, in order to ensure nothing changes in the transfer process.
- Once you have transferred your files, you can remove the card.
- Right click on the device in the system tray and select eject.
- You can now remove the USB cord from your computer and return the drive and cord to its box.
Memory card types supported
- CompactFlash® Type I and Type II UDMA 7
- Memory Stick™
- Memory Stick (with MagicGate™)
- Memory Stick PRO™
- Memory Stick PRO Duo™
- Memory Stick Duo (with MagicGate)
- Memory Stick PRO Duo Mark 2
- Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo™
- Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo “HX”
- xD-Picture Card™, xD-Picture Card Type-M
- xD-Picture Card Type-M+
- xD-Picture Card Type-H
Note: These devices are solely for use with personal material and not any of the collections stewarded by the Department of Distinctive Collections.
Warning: The Department Distinctive Collections is not responsible for any data loss or damage to items that may occur in the transfer process. Proceed at your own risk.