Resources for all aspects of Energy research.
Check out our new journal subscriptions:
Use these tools to help you organize and cite your references:
Leads to articles, conference papers and more in engineering, physics, and technical energy topics
- Web of Science
Indexes high-impact science, social science, engineering, art & humanities research journals, 1900 - present. Covers many aspects of energy topics. Also used for tracking citations.
Comprehensive chemical information database. Covers scientific journals, patents, conference proceedings, and technical papers. 1907 - present. You must register at http://libraries.mit.edu/cas-reg before using the first time.
- AAPG Datapages
Full-text from the American Association of Petroleum Geologists
- One Petro [SPE] eLibrary]
Technical literature related to the oil and gas exploration and production industry from the Society of Petroleum Engineers. 1925 - present.
Technical and business information on diesel engines, emissions, fuels, and other technologies required by the clean and efficient diesel engines of the future.
- IEA (International Energy Agency) databases
- OECDiLibrary: Energy
Books, papers, and statistics on many aspects of energy from the OECD and IEA.
- IEA CO2 Emissions from Fuel Combustion Statistics
- IEA Coal Statistics
- IEA Electricity Statistics
- IEA Energy Prices and Taxes Statistics
- IEA Energy Technology R&D Statistics
- IEA Natural Gas Statistics
- IEA Oil Statistics
- IEA Renewables Statistics
- IEA World Energy Statistics and Balances
- eTrack databases: data and reports on energy sectors
- Alternative Energy eTrack
- eTrack Nuclear
- eTrack Oil and Gas
- eTrack Smart Grid
- Petrochemicals eTrack
- Power eTrack
- More statistical databases
- UNdata Energy Statistics Database
Download energy data from statistical agencies throughout the United Nations. Series on energy cover topics such as consumption, exports, imports, and production.
- Department of Energy Data Explorer (DDE)
Collections of numeric files, figures and data plots, multimedia and images, computer simulations, specialized databases, and interactive data maps.
- Desal Data
Desalination plant listings, incorporating the IDA Inventory, market analysis, economic forecasting, and company profiles.
- UDI world electric power plants data base
Global inventory of electric power generating units. Contains design data for plants of all sizes and technologies operated by regulated utilities, private power companies, and industrial autoproducers (captive power).