Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Over 2500 US and international news sources. Coverage: 1980-current (depending on title)
30,000 newspapers and other news sources from 200 countries, in 28 languages. Coverage: 1980-current (depending on title)
Access to the full-text of many news, business, and legal resources. Coverage: 1980-current (depending on title)
Current editions of hundreds U.S. and international newspapers For use online or as an app. Current three months only.
Access to Harvard College Libraries
Manage your references
Use these tools to help you organize and cite your references:
Finding Journal Articles
Search our Collections
- Start with a megasearch of the Libraries' books and other collections, plus a large article index. Remember to sign in and choose "Expand Search Beyond MIT Collections" from results to see the most results
Google Scholar - Free resource which can be linked to MIT Libraries for full text and cited references
- Web of Science - Top-tier peer reviewed journals in engineering, social science and management topics
- EBSCO Social Science Databases - Search Business Source Complete, Econlit, Academic Search Complete, and Political Science Complete together by entering PSC, clicking "choose databases" above search box.
- ABI/Inform - Find articles from major business publications and trade publications
- Compendex - Covers engineering research journals. Also includes Inspec, for electronics, computing, robotics research
- Covers air, water, energy, and land resources from a policy point of view
Selected Research Resources
- Orbis - Information on public and private companies worldwide. Research individual companies, or screen for companies meeting certain financial, geographic or operating criteria.
- D&B Hoovers - Directory of 20+ million U.S. and international companies. Includes latest news and analysts reports.
US Government Information
- Fitch Connect - Industry sector, economic, political and company research on various countries. Includes political and economic risk analysis, and regulatory reports
- IBISWorld Industry Reports - US, China, some global
Congressional Research Reports
The Congressional Research Service (CRS), a federal legislative branch agency located within the Library of Congress, serves as shared staff exclusively to congressional committees and Members of Congress. CRS approaches complex topics from a variety of perspectives and examines all sides of an issue. Staff members analyze current policies and present the impact of proposed policy alternatives.
Original, authoritative reports on newsworthy social and political issues covering topics in public policy, law, civil liberties, international affairs, economics, health, education, the environment, technology, and more
Librarian for Electrical Engineering & Computer Science, IDSS, and Mathematics
Social Science and Management Librarian
Articles you need not at MIT?
Find books at Other Libraries
Suggest a purchase
Suggest a purchase
Let us know about materials needed to support online learning and remote work at MIT.