Register for a library session
-Register for one of the three library sessions.
-At least one member of each team needs to attend.
-If all team members will attend, all should attend the same session if possible.
All sessions are in 14N-132 (DIRC)
Databases for scientific topics
Web of Knowledge/Web of Science (1900 -present)
Index to high-impact science, social science, engineering, arts and humanities research journals. Includes cited reference searching.
Comprehensive chemical information database. Covers scientific journals, patents, conference proceedings, and technical papers.
- Register first - http://libraries.mit.edu/cas-reg
- Bookmark/use this URL to access - http://libraries.mit.edu/get/scifinder
- View SciFinder Tutorials to learn more about how to use SciFinder
Definitive database for research in medicine and biosciences by the National Library of Medicine (NLM). Use this link to connect to MIT Libraries subscriptions using SFX.
Find articles, conference papers, and reports in all fields of engineering, plus physics, electronics, and more. Watch this video (3:48) to learn more.
A direct competitor to Web of Science. Index to science, social science, engineering, arts and humanities research journals. Includes cited reference searching.
Knovel: Engineering & Scientific Online Handbooks
- Search for scientific & engineering data via an extensive collection of engineering & scientific e-books. Includes interactive tables & graphs.
- Contains hundreds of background articles in all fields of chemical engineering and chemical industry.
- Contains hundreds of articles on chemical substances, with a focus on industrial processes and unit operations in chemical engineering, as well as covering fundamentals and scientific subjects related to the field.
- Find background information on polymer science.
See more e-books: http://libguides.mit.edu/ebooks.