These are some databases that will index and provide article abstracts for journals related to Computation. Because this is a crossover discipline, searching in multiple databases will provide the most broad coverage of a topic.
- INSPEC [Engineering Village]
- Compendex [Engineering Village]
- Avery Index to Architectural Periodicals
- Dissertations and Theses [ProQuest]
- Web of Science [ISI Web of Knowledge]
- CumInCAD: Index of publications on computer-aided architectural design. First time users must register and from then on login with every use for full text access.
These are some key journals for the computation field. Many can be found through Vera, but some are in print only. All are indexed in at least one of the databases listed above.
Conferences are an important source for current information in the field because new research will often be presented. Here is a list of associations and organizations whose conferences will be of use. Conference preceedings can also be found through BARTON.
Do a SUBJECT search for:
Computer Aided Design- Congresses or Architecture- Computer Aided Design
The following associations are indexed in CuminCAD. First time users must register and from then on login with every use for full text access.
- Design Computing and Cognition (DCC)
- Association for Computer Aided Design in Architecture (ACADIA)
- Education and Research in Computer Aided Architectural Design in Europe (eCAADe)
- Association for Computer Aided Architecture Design Research in Asia (CAADRIA)
- Iberoamerican Society of Digital Graphics (SIGRADI)
- CAAD Futures
- Association for Computing Machinery Special Interest Group on Graphics and Interactive Techniques (SIGGRAPH)
architecture + art librarian
Manage Your References
Use these tools to help you organize and cite your references: