Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Other pages in this guide
Get started with Overleaf
More ways to get help
Ask a question, make an appointment, give feedback, or visit us.
Neuroscience & Cognitive Science Databases
Full-text articles in psychology and related fields.
Definitive citation database for research in medicine and biosciences.
Other Useful Databases
Web of Science
Indexes high-impact science, social science, engineering, and art & humanities research journals.
http://libraries.mit.edu/get/scifinder (use/bookm ark this URL)
Comprehensive chemistry resource
to use; learn more about Scifinder
Highlights and evaluates most interesting papers published in biosciences and medicine based on recommendations of top researchers.
Articles, books, reports, and patents in many subjects, mainly published after 1995. Includes citation features and tools to analyze authors and journals.
Handbooks, e-books & encyclopedias
Encyclopedia of Life Sciences
Brief commissioned articles covering all areas of life sciences written by leading scientists.
Learning and Memory: a Comprehensive Reference
Comprehensive encyclopedia covering learning theory and behavior, cognitive psychology of memory, memory systems, and molecular mechanisms of memory.
Electronic community for cognitive and brain sciences. Includes full-text of books and other resources; interactive forum for researchers.
MIT Encyclopedia of Cognitive Sciences (MITECS)
A multidisciplinary encyclopedia divided into several subcategories, including computational intelligence, linguistics, neuroscience, and psychology.
Free access to books and documents in life science and healthcare
Oxford Scholarship Online - Neuroscience
contains e-books on molecular and cellular, behavioral, developmental, and cognitive neuroscience, disorders of the nervous, sensory, motor systems.
Progress in Brain Research
Popular series covering a broad range of topics in neuroscience. (1995) - present
Images and atlases
Whole Brain Atlas
Clinical data accompanied with magnetic resonance (MR), x-ray computed tomography (CT), and nuclear medicine images.
Biological Data & Atlases
Resource guide contains links to other biological data and atlases resources available from MIT Libraries.
Manage your references
Use these tools to help you organize and cite your references:
Linguistic Data Consortium: Available from 2016-present
To access corpora from 2016-present that are available for download:
- First, register with LDC using your MIT email address and your current department or lab
- Under "Organization" look for "Massachusetts Institute of Technology - MIT - Libraries" and select that option from the resulting drop-down menu. Do not use abbreviated form (e.g. "MIT") please type the whole string above to access the correct account.
- The libraries will approve your account within one business day. (If you don't receive an email, check your spam filter).
- After your account is approved, to access data, login to LDC and then go to the downloads tab under "your account options".
- The datasets that MIT Libraries has access to will be listed.
- If you need a corpus that is only available by hard drive or requires a separate license before download, please email email@example.com.
- If you need a pre-2016 corpus that we don’t have subscription access to, please fill out this form.
For all MIT users, available corpora are listed by year on the LDC site (MIT Libraries’ access to LDC corpora is limited to corpora published from 2016 on). Note that the corpora available as CDs or DVDs from 2016-present can be accessed by individual title through the Library’s Barton Catalog.