Bibliotechs 2001 Schedule
Serious Slow Pitch League, Western Division
(All games on Monday at 5:30)
- May 21 Bibliotechs at Panza del Guapo (W, 24-8)
- June 4 Mudville at Bibliotechs (L, 12-13)
- June 11 Bibliotechs at The Pitts RAINED OUT
- June 18 Dawgs at Bibliotechs (L, 2-4)
- June 25 Clippers at Bibliotechs (W, 7-3)
- July 9 Panza del Guapo at Bibliotechs (W, 7-0)
- July 16 Bibliotechs at Mudville (W, 15-6)
- July 16 Bibliotechs at The Pitts (L, 9-10) (Game 2)
- July 23 The Pitts at Bibliotechs (L, 14-18)
- July 30 Bibliotechs at Dawgs (W, 13-7)
- August 6 Bibliotechs at Clippers (W, 18-9)
*** PLAYOFFS ***
- August 7 Bibliotechs at Toxic Waste (L, 6-9)
Here is the field map.
Capt. Steve Gass (253-7741, firstname.lastname@example.org) and MC Walter Powers (253-0600, email@example.com) are standing by to address all your softball questions, needs, and fantasies.
- May 21 - Lineup-heavy, power-assisted (4 HR's) Bibs cruise in season opener over Brain and Cognitive Science Panzas. Winners cheer, authored by team Hispanophone J. Martinez: "Uno, dos, tres, cuatro / Way to go, Panza del Guapo!"
- June 4 - Uncharacteristically soft Bibliotechs nevertheless come back late in game against strong Mudville Ocean Engineers, only to slip under the waves in extra innings and lose by 1. Glub. All agreed, however, that the soybeans were excellent.
- June 18 - Anemic Bibliotech offense cannot muster more than 2 runs against ancient antagonist (and nearly as run-impaired) Dawgs of Delta Tau Delta, and suffer loss in a game that further blurs the distinction between relaxation and death.
- June 25 - Bibliotechs conclude first half of season on an upswing, overcoming favorite rivals The Clippers from the MIT News Office, 7-3, with big blow being Lucas 3-run HR. Clippers cheer, "Bibliotechs, you are our hex!"
- July 9 - Low turnout for Panza del Guapo team results in forfeit in Bibliotechs favor; Bibs nevertheless find a way to make it close.
- July 16 - Bibliotechs get some payback against Mudville, looking very strong in 15-6 win on makeshift field next to a big pile of dirt. In second game of the night, make-up for rain-out against league-leading Pitts from Biology Dept., Libraries team plays near-flawless ball but loses by a single run in darkness-shortened game, in which the gloaming aspects seemed to align against the Bibs. They didn't exactly lose; they just ran out of light.
- July 23 - Bibs soften in heat, squander early 9-1 lead to lose grudge match against Pitts. Resulting playoff picture clouded.
- July 30 - Surging Bibliotechs run up big early lead, hang on to win rematch with Dawgs. Chances for playoff berth improved.
- August 6 - Bibs start flat, roar back with big final inning to stonewall favored opponent Clippers and clinch playoff position.
- August 7 - The dream is deferred one more season. A single big inning allowed to the Toxic Waste environmental engineers proves insurmountable in first playoff round. Bibs last cheer of the year (P. Page): "Toxic Waste - Tastes great, less filling!"
Updated on 010808