This page is under construction.
Notifications/Requests for Approval - received/requested by Facilities
- The Facilities Administrator receives daily notices of work occurring on campus. Some of these are "notifications" for informational purposes and some are "requests for approval" which we have to respond to.
- These must be reviewed to see if there is any impact on our spaces or services.
- If there are NO impacts - no actions are needed
- If there ARE impacts - forward the notice to the area that will be impacted so they can plan
- If there are MAJOR impacts - impacts that might require us to push back on the work should be discussed with the Department Head of the impacted area/service.
- Request for Approval
- These must be reviewed to see what the impact is on our space. In most cases there is no impact as it is in another part of a building we share
- If there are NO impacts - reply to the sender (not reply all) and let them know "This is approved by the Libraries".
- If there ARE impacts - gage the level of impact on our staff/spaces.
- Notify the staff/services impacted via email and also send "This is approved by the Libraries" to the sender of the request.
- Major impacts that might require us to push back on the work should be discussed with the Department Head of the impacted area/service. If we need to get more information or discuss other options the Facilities Manager should follow-up.