Productive work at MIT can take place on campus, remotely, and/or a hybrid combination of the two. All staff can work with their supervisor to determine what kind of flexible arrangement works for them, in the context of:
- Operational requirements of the Libraries and the products or services that the employees are part of;
- The impact of location and schedule on MIT faculty, researchers, students, their team, and other colleagues;
- The nature of their role, responsibilities and their work;
- Personal safety and security;
- Work-life balance: personal needs and preferences.
Please see A. Policy, for the requirements and shared expectations of Flexwork in the MIT Libraries. B. Procedures and C. Proposal Form describe how to request Flexwork arrangements. D. Norms offers ideas for how we work together as a library as people change their locations and timing for their work.