New employees should consult MIT Connections: Getting Oriented for orientation information about the Institute.
The Libraries New Employee Orientation Program Checklist is provided to supervisors to assist them with new library employee orientation. (last edited 2/5/2019)
Please find below the timeline for employee on-boarding as set forth by central HR:
1. Employee receives an offer from the Libraries' HR contact
2. Once the offer is accepted, Libraries' HR enters new employee data into the Atlas system prompting central HR to create a new hire letter [employee data needed includes DOB, SS #, and name as it appears on the employee's license / state ID].
3. A copy of the new hire letter containing employees ID and an Atlas link is sent to the Libraries' HR contact and is also mailed out to the new employee
4. In the meantime, Libraries' HR emails a copy to the new employee to initiate central HR's on-boarding process (creating a Kerberos, benefits, etc.)
5. Once a Kerberos account is created Libraries' HR contact is notified
6. Libraries' HR contact notifies the new employee's supervisor as well as ITS
Additional helpful onboarding resources (Please note that the HR's checklist should be your main point of reference):